MAROON ECHO

The Student News Site of Bay Shore High School, Bay Shore, NY

Important Dates
Recent Scores
  • Dec 3 / Boys BasketballBay Shore - 52, Plainview - 45
  • Nov 29 / Boys SwimmingBay Shore - 64, Ward Melville - 80
  • Nov 29 / Girls BasketballBay Shore - 40, Huntington - 36
  • Nov 29 / Girls FencingBay Shore - 10, Half Hollow Hills - 17
  • Nov 29 / Boys FencingBay Shore - 14, Half Hollow Hills - 13

MAROON ECHO

MAROON ECHO

Music Students Extend Love and Support to Farmingdale High School

Emily Ruggiere
Music students wear green in solidarity with Farmingdale students.

On September 26th, following the accident involving a Farmingdale High School music trip, Bay Shore students reached out to offer words of encouragement and friendship.

“I can’t imagine what they’re going through,” Emily Ruggiere, 10th grader and Tri-M officer, said. “I’ve been on field trips like that before; we go there to have fun and then a tragedy like this happens. It’s just so devastating.”

Students prepared one giant card, which was available for everyone to sign. 

“We wanted to do something more than just wear green,” Mrs. Mendolia, orchestra teacher, said. “There is a huge envelope with probably at least 300 cards the students wrote.”

The giant card, filled with heartfelt messages and signatures, will soon make its way to Farmingdale High School, serving as a source of strength and hope.

“In times like these, it is heartwarming to see communities come together to care for one another,” Mr. Gordon, principal, added. “Together, we aim to offer comfort and strength to those who need it most during this difficult time.”

Maximo Flores, 12th grade and president of Tri-M, sparked this powerful initiative that is bridging the gap between the schools. His idea developed into a meaningful gesture of support.

“Reflecting throughout the day, I had the idea of writing letters and sending them to Farmingdale to show our care for them,” Flores said. “They are students and musicians, exactly like many of us here at Bay Shore.”